It did get me doing a mental inventory of all the kinds of transportation I'd used on this trip...
- planes large medium and small-ish, from legacy airlines and low cost airlines
- tram/light rail, trolley, monorail, subway, urban metro rail, regional commuter rail, long distance train with reserved seats
- private rented bus, public city bus, double decker bus, electric bus, shuttle bus...
- shuttle van, rented car, privately owned car, taxi
- cruise ship, ferry, tender boat, water bus, rowboat/gondola
I didn't ride any propeller planes, helicopters, funiculars, sailboats, or motorcycles, though.